WestJet has announced a major expansion for 2018, by adding two new flights to London and Paris – the first time the airline has flown to mainland Europe.
London and Paris
- Daily direct flights between Halifax Stanfield International Airport and London Gatwick Airport will begin Apr. 29
- Daily direct flights between Halifax Stanfield International Airport and Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport begins May 3
- The transatlantic service will be operated on WestJet’s Boeing 737-8 MAX and offer introductory fares at $199 one way
WestJet are also adding 60 new departures from Vancouver, 72 from Calgary and 28 flights from Toronto. Additional highlights include:
- 24 additional weekly flights between Vancouver and Calgary (16 times/day), with hourly service in both directions
- 9 new weekly flights between Toronto and Ottawa (13 times/day) and
- 9 new weekly flights between Toronto and Montreal (14 times/day)
- Calgary will get an extra weekly flight to Dallas/Fort Worth and Palm Spring, California, plus two extra weekly flights to Las Vegas
- Starting Mar. 8, WestJet will begin service to Denver International Airport daily from Calgary, and will launch four-time weekly
- Beginning Mar. 14 service to Mexico City will launch 4 times per week, then becomes a daily service starting Apr. 29
- WestJet is adding nine new weekly flights to Edmonton
- Doubling its weekly flights from Ottawa to 14
- Adding new weekly flights to Cancun and Cabo San Lucas
- A new Mexico City service will launch Mar. 15 (3x per week), moving to a daily service on Apr. 29
New flights from Toronto to a number of sun destinations including Cancun, Montego Bay, Nassau, Puerto Plata, Punta Cana and Fort Myers are also planned.
Copyright © 2018 Iain & Gail Shankland / TravelBloggers.ca (at) Gmail.com. All rights reserved.
Text: Iain Shankland | Photography: Westjet
Be sure to give us a like on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or Instagram … or sign up for our blog via email so you don’t miss future articles!
Iain & Gail started blogging in order to inspire and motivate people to travel the world from their perspective – specializing in having the most fun while using the least amount of money, travelling on the cheap without sacrificing comfort.
In the end, you will only regret the things you didn’t do
Airbnb – use this link (www.airbnb.ca/c/gails2301) and get a $50 CDN travel credit off your first booking!