Whether you’re a winter-lover or not, it’s tough not to be enticed by the lure of a skating through the forest!
This popular route at Arrowhead Provincial Park in Huntsville Ontario will soon be open for the season, and is said to be one of Ontario’s best kept secrets for Winter fun.
As families begin planning what to do over the holidays, they’d be crazy not to consider visiting Arrowhead at least once this winter – it looks like they’ve got it all!
- Arrowhead grooms and maintains more than 33 km of cross-country ski trails that are designed for classic skiing or skate skiing. Each trail is rated for difficulty and ranges from beginner to expert.
- The park offers a variety of hiking/snowshoeing trails.
- Arrowhead boasts Ontario’s longest man-made outdoor skating ring at 1.3-kilometers long.
- The park offers snow-tubing and even provides the tubes!
- Warm up at one of two warm-up shelters or the open fire pit at the top of the tubing hill.
Arrowhead is open every day, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Admission to the park is $14 per vehicle and skate rentals are available for $6.
Note, additional fees and rentals may apply for various activities – please visit their website for details.
Follow @ArroPark on Twitter for updates on opening dates or visit their website.
CTV News Reporter KC Colby visited Arrowhead Provincial Park to share share the story just a few days ago – watch/read his full report on CTVNews.ca
Copyright © 2014 Iain & Gail Shankland / TravelBloggers.ca (at) Gmail.com
Be sure to give us a like on Facebook or follow us on Twitter…or sign up for our blog via email so you don’t miss future articles!
Iain Shankland & Gail Shankland started blogging in order to inspire and motivate people to travel the world from their perspective – specializing in having the most fun while using the least amount of money, travelling on the cheap without sacrificing comfort.
This original, copyrighted material may NOT be copied, used in whole or in part in any way, cut and pasted, published or otherwise reproduced in any form or in any medium – which means DO NOT POST THIS ON ANOTHER WEBSITE or BLOG. If you want somebody else to see this, please send them a link or post a link to this page.