Have you ever heard of Jetlines?
Us neither, but they’ve just announced an order for five Boeing 737 MAX 7s aircraft valued at $438 million, and includes purchase rights for an additional 16 – 737 MAX’s down the road.
The new Canadian ultra-low cost carrier is starting to builds its future fleet of Boeing-exclusive jets and intends to commence domestic scheduled point-to-point air service in mid-2015 from a base at YVR (Vancouver, B.C.)
“This agreement with Boeing is a major milestone for Jetlines,” said Jim Scott, chief executive of Jetlines. “We are thrilled to be partnering with Boeing and look forward to introducing the 737 MAX 7 into our fleet.”
The 737 MAX incorporates the latest technology CFM International LEAP-1B engines, Advanced Technology winglets and other improvements to deliver the highest efficiency, reliability and passenger comfort in the single-aisle market. The 737 MAX 7 will be capable of flying more than 3,800 nautical miles, extending the range over today’s 737-700 by approximately 400 nautical miles.
The new airline, head-quartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, plans to launch an airline in Canada that applies Ultra-Low Cost Carrier operating principles with a focus on stimulating passenger demand through low cost airfares, and generating revenue from the sale of ancillary products and services on-board its aircraft.
- intends to select routes which avoid direct competition with existing carriers in Canada and focus on cost discipline in order to keep operating costs low
- plans to offer base airfares below the base airfares of major existing carriers in Canada
- plans to, where possible, use non-major airports in Canada to attract new passengers
- plans to use a single Boeing family of jet aircraft in lieu of turboprop aircraft to attract new passengers
- is led by an accomplished and experience management team with both Canadian and international experience who understand the airline industry and is supported by an accomplished and experienced board of directors
Visit Jetlines Website here
Copyright © 2014 Iain & Gail Shankland / TravelBloggers.ca (at) Gmail.com
Be sure to give us a like on Facebook or follow us on Twitter…or sign up for our blog via email so you don’t miss future articles!
Iain Shankland & Gail Shankland started blogging in order to inspire and motivate people to travel the world from their perspective – specializing in having the most fun while using the least amount of money, travelling on the cheap without sacrificing comfort.
This original, copyrighted material may NOT be copied, used in whole or in part in any way, cut and pasted, published or otherwise reproduced in any form or in any medium – which means DO NOT POST THIS ON ANOTHER WEBSITE or BLOG. If you want somebody else to see this, please send them a link or post a link to this page
Pingback: Canada Jetlines Share Their Anticipated Route Network | TravelBloggers.ca